The Ngor-Okpala Congress in America (NOCIA) is a non-profit organization aimed at contributing and promoting cultural values, social, and educational advancement of Ngor-Okpala people at home and here in America. Ngor Okpala Congress in America is a community based not for profit organization incorporated in the state of New Jersey in 1996 with the following objectives:
- Promoting unity of purpose among all Ngor-Okpala people at home and in the United of States of America.
- Soliciting resources from among us and from all other sources to carry out social and humanitarian ventures aimed at enhancing the lives of the people of Ngor-Okpala.
- Advancing the socio-economic well-being of all Ngor-Okpala people at home and in America.
- Advising the Ngor-Okpala local administration(s) on ways of improving the social and economic conditions of the area.
- Embarking on independent and joint efforts with the local administration(s) to provide or improve social infrastructure throughout the local government area.
- Engaging in all lawful non-partisan activities that promote the above objectives.